Fresh, healthy, and oh-so-good to give you a smile and that nutritious boost in the morning.
- Start by mashing 1⁄2 of a ripe avocado with a fork, combining it with a tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice (or lime), a pinch of paprika and salt/pepper to taste. Avo toasts are delicious when chunky, but you are welcome to enjoy a texture of your preference (avo cream can be reached with the help of a blender).
- Toast your slice of sourdough (rye is another favorite amongst many) and make sure it’s quite thick so that all.
- Ingredients create nice layers on top without “sogging” the bread.
- Spread the avocado mix over the bread, top it with crumbled feta and sprouts/greens. Slice the cherry tomatoes and the hard boiled egg in half, arranging them on the toast, as you like (leaving the egg yolks a little “runny” creates that “poached egg effect”).
- Finish off with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds, kale chips and a drizzle of olive oil & your best balsamic vinegar. Breakfast is served!
- A slice of sourdough bread from your favorite local bakery, toasted (gluten-free options are always welcome)
- 1⁄2 of a ripe avocado, mashed with a pinch of paprika and a tsp of lemon juice (or lime if you’re craving zesty)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta
- A handful of sprouts (any other fresh greens work great as well)
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- Kale chips and pomegranate seeds (decoration)
- Olive oil & balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper