Looking for a satisfying and protein-packed meal that doesn’t skimp on flavor? Say hello to our delightful Portobello Mushroom Burger! This colorful medley will take your Meatless Monday to a whole new level. Prepare to be amazed by the combination of textures and the explosion of flavors as each bite dances on your palate. Let’s fire up those pans and dive into a world of taste and nourishment!
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the marinade.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place them in a dish and pour the marinade over them. Let them marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat up your grill or grill pan over medium heat. Grill the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes on each side, until tender and juicy.
- Toast the burger buns if desired. Assemble the burgers by placing a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, red onion slice, and pickles (if using) on each bun. Top with the grilled portobello mushroom and your favorite burger sauce.
- Serve the mushroom burgers with a side of roasted sweet potato fries or a fresh salad.
- 4 large mushrooms (should be portobello ones, but you may use any other mushrooms)
- 4 burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 red onion slices
- Pickles, optional
- Your favorite burger sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
It’s time to bid farewell to another Meatless Monday recipe. We hope this culinary adventure has inspired you to explore the world of meatless cooking, embrace seasonal produce, and discover new flavors and textures. So, continue to experiment, get creative in the kitchen, and make every day a delicious and sustainable journey. Thank you for joining us, and until next time, happy eating!