Last updated June 13, 2023
COOKIES 101: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Cookies are tiny data files that your browser stores on your computer while you browse our website. They help us gather information about how our services are used and allow us to tailor them to meet the preferences of our visitors for an improved experience.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, GTI USA LLC) are called “first-party cookies.” Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies.” Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
WHAT DO COOKIES DO?
We use first- and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Website to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Online Properties. They provide us with insights into visitor preferences based on their website activity. This valuable data allows us to enhance and refine our website for an improved user experience. Third parties serve cookies through our Website for advertising, analytics, and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
TO COOKIE OR NOT TO COOKIE: YOUR OPTIONS
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie rights by setting your preferences in the Cookie Consent Manager. The Cookie Consent Manager allows you to select which categories of cookies you accept or reject. Essential cookies cannot be rejected as they are strictly necessary to provide you with services.
The specific types of first- and third-party cookies served through our Website and the purposes they perform are described in the table below (please note that the specific cookies served may vary depending on the specific Online Properties you visit):
Essential website cookies
These essential cookies are vital for delivering the services offered through our website and enabling access to secure areas. They are necessary for the proper functioning of specific features and ensuring a secure browsing experience.
Analytics and customization cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Website for you.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to track how you navigate our webshop and discover our site. This data helps us improve our website and enhance your overall browsing experience. (recognizable by __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv, __utmx).
- Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a user-friendly tool that enables us to effortlessly deploy a variety of cookies on our website.
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Facebook. By using this cookie, we can track the products you view on our webshop, allowing us to display tailored advertisements on Facebook. Without these cookies, you may not receive personalized offers.
- AdWords. For AdWords, we utilize cookies to track your interactions with our website, enabling us to present you with targeted advertisements. These cookies ensure that you receive relevant promotions based on your browsing behavior.
- Woocommerce. Regarding Woocommerce cookies, they are employed to enhance your shopping experience on our webshop. These cookies enable features such as remembering your cart contents and facilitating a smooth checkout process.
These are cookies that have not yet been categorized. We are in the process of classifying these cookies with the help of their providers.
How can I control cookies on my browser?
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance;
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada;
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
- To save you time by not requiring you to re-enter the same information on subsequent visits;
- To provide you with special features such as a shopping cart;
- To track how our website is being used and identify areas for improvement;
- To recognize which device you are using when you visit us;
- To show you personalized ads and recommendations based on your interests;
- To ensure you are not constantly shown the same ad by tracking how often it is displayed and tailoring it to your needs and interests.
Do you use Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects?
Websites may also use so-called “Flash Cookies” (also known as Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of our services, fraud prevention, and for other site operations.
If you do not want Flash Cookies stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash Cookies storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash Cookies by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash Cookies (referred to “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash Cookies that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time).
Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash Cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our services or online content.
Do you serve targeted advertising?
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. They can accomplish this by using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details, or other details that directly identify you unless you choose to provide these.
Where can I get further information?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at [email protected] or contact us by mail at:
GTI USA, LLC
161 Atwater Street
Plantsville , CT 06479