How to prepare immune system for cold & flu season
29 November 2020
Everyone is familiar with cold season. Every year in autumn and early spring, there is a surge in the incidence of respiratory infections. This isn’t surprising, due to the change in weather conditions, cold snap, prolonged rains, reduction in daylight hours and declining number of sunny days, our body is under tremendous stress. Add to this increased study and work loads, stress and lack of sleep and it becomes clear why the body's resources during this period are depleted to the limit. During these challenging times, the immune system especially needs additional support.
The best way to fight infectious diseases is to prevent them. Strong immune system will definitely help not to catch a cold. Topic of immune system reinforcement has become even more urgent due to the global coronavirus pandemic. More and more people are asking themselves the question: How can I effectively strengthen the immune system to help my body defeat the viruses? Fortunately, there are some simple rules that can help you reduce the risk of catching both seasonal colds and more dangerous virus infections.
5 healthy habits to strengthen your immune system
1. Follow simple hygiene rules.
Pathogenic germs can remain on the surface of objects for a long time, so don’t forget to regularly wash your hands with soap and water after visiting public places and going outside, if possible use antibacterial liquid soap. To avoid getting bacteria into your upper respiratory tract, don’t touch your face with your hands. Also don’t forget to take a sanitizer for regular disinfection of hands and work surfaces. By the way, nasal irrigation is an excellent way to prevent virus infections. Sprays containing natural seawater are the best choice for nasal irrigation. They not only easily deal with germs from, but also strengthen the body immune shield. All premises need regular air changes during cold season. Dry and warm air is the most favorable environment for the reproduction of viruses, by contrast high humidity and low temperatures make microbes to lose their activity. Just avoid drafts and hypothermia.
2. Lead an active lifestyle
Moderate physical activity effectively increases body defenses. For example, regular walks are very effective during the cold season. It has been proven that rugged people get sick much less often than others. It will be even better if you include relaxing walking and jogging in the fresh air in your daily routine. Physical exercises are excellent for relieving stress, improving blood circulation and oxygen metabolism, which in its turn accelerates immune responses and increases the body resistance to viruses and infections. Morning exercises, swimming, aerobics, yoga and fitness also strengthens the immune system. These activities will effectively improve your well-being, increase performance and lift your mood, which will help your body to successfully resist virus attacks.
3. Rest more and avoid stressful situations
Stress and lack of sleep are one of the main causes of a weakened immune system. Numerous studies show that those who get enough sleep are 3 times less susceptible to virus infections. It’s safe to say that good rest effectively strengthens the immune system. Try to sleep no fewer than 7 hours and your body will have enough time to fully recuperate. Also, if possible, you should avoid stressful situations. Meditation, yoga, and relaxing breathing exercises can help to keep stress at bay.
4. Eat a balanced diet
During cold season, your diet should include as many vitamins and minerals as possible. Their complex action strengthens the body immune defenses and helps it to resist microbes. A balanced diet is crucial for immunity, since most of the immune cells are concentrated in the intestinal tract. Therefore, add fresh vegetables, fruits and berries to your diet, and also diversify your diet with fatty fish, dairy products and grains. Cranberries, lemon, rose hips and lingonberries are rich in a powerful natural antioxidant vitamin C. You can make tasty and healthy fruit drinks using these berries, as well as to add them to the warming tea. Honey, ginger and chili pepper are excellent for strengthening the immune system. The main thing is to avoid snacks on the go and make sure that the diet is saturated with all the necessary nutrients.
5. Support the immune system with vitamin and mineral complexes.
It isn’t often possible to get all the necessary vitamins and minerals from the diet. In this situation, high-quality nutritional supplements containing the optimal dosage of nutrients will come to the rescue. Vitamin-mineral complexes will become an excellent addition to an active lifestyle, a balanced diet and good rest, making your immune system invulnerable to virus infections. Natural antioxidants strengthen the immune system most effectively. They are easily absorbed by the body and effectively increase its resistance to pathogenic microbes. Maxler has developed a line of premium supplements containing powerful natural antioxidants to comprehensively support the body defenses.
• Sodium Ascorbate Vitamin C is a reliable source of Vitamin C in its sodium ascorbate form. Unlike ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate is a neutral solution, which means it does not irritate the lining of the stomach and does not have any harmful side effects on the kidneys. Another advantage of sodium ascorbate is its perfect bioavailability that facilitates the absorption of Vitamin C. The supplement is an ultrapure flavor-free buffered crystalline powder. The supplement is flavor-free, so you would easily be able to not only take it separately, but also to add it to your favorite smoothie, juice, yoghurt, porridge and other healthy and delicious food and beverages. Vitamin C is effective not only for prevention, but also for relieving symptoms of colds. Due to its antioxidant properties, Vitamin C cleanses the body of toxins, inhibits inflammation, significantly improves overall well-being and accelerates recovery. It is advisable to take Vitamin C intermittently, whenever your immune system needs some extra support. A can of Maxler’s new Sodium Ascorbate Vitamin C supplement contains 200 servings of Vitamin C and would become a long-term guardian of your body’s immune shield.
• Curcumin Omega-3 is an innovative Curcumin + Omega-3 supplement using MERIVA’s top-quality trademark curcumin extract. MERIVA’s trademark curcumin is produced from premium quality turmeric using a patented technology. Scientific research confirms that MERIVA’s curcumin extract greatly surpasses all the other types of curcumin when it comes to efficiency. The perfect bioavailability of the supplement is achieved due to enriching the softgel capsules with 100% natural Omega-3 fatty acids that facilitate the absorption of curcumin while maximally preserving its valuable properties. Curcumin possesses strong antioxidant properties and serves as a natural medicine that does not damage the gut flora, unlike its synthetic counterparts. It strengthens the body’s immune shield at a molecular level and efficiently protects the cells from germs, viruses and infections. Curcumin builds a natural barrier that hinders inflammatory processes and the growth and spread of pathogens. Maxler new Curcumin Omega-3 supplement would become a reliable guardian of your immune system throughout the flu season.
• Vitamin D3 with 15 mcg of Vitamin D3 in each softgel capsule that provides an advanced absorption and enhances its bioavailability. Vitamin D3 has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, that effectively increase the body defenses. It normalizes the functioning of the thyroid gland and participates in the synthesis of immune cells that destroy harmful microorganisms. Therefore, Vitamin D3 from Maxler will provide invaluable assistance to your immune system.
• Zinc Picolinate is a supplement containing the most easily digestible form of zinc - picolinate. Zinc is an essential mineral that complements and enhances the effect of vitamin C. A regular intake of zinc-enriched supplements multiplies the number of antibodies, stimulates lymphocyte synthesis and has an antimicrobial effect, which significantly increases the body’s resilience to viruses and infections. Maxler Zinc Picolinate is a valuable helper for your immune system during the virus season.
• Vitamin Е by Maxler has a formulation that provides natural Vitamin E as D-Alpha Tocopherol in oil-based softgel capsules to promote optimal absorption and assimilation. Natural Vitamin E boosts the immune system and protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals. Make Vitamin E a part of your healthy diet during the cold season, infections & viruses will have no chance to fight your body defenses!
The immune system serves as the body's most important protective barrier. Its strengthening with the help of a balanced diet, high-quality nutritional supplements and alternation of good rest and physical activity will allow you to protect yourself during the flu season.