Welcome to a culinary delight that will elevate your Meatless Monday experience – Lentil and Vegetable Stir-Fry. This dish showcases the versatility of lentils, offering a generous amount of protein and fiber for a satisfying and energizing meal. With an array of colorful and nutrient-packed vegetables, this stir-fry celebrates seasonal produce and the art of plant-based cooking. So, get ready to explore enticing aromas and delightful flavors as we embark on this culinary adventure together!
- Warm up the skillet or wok over medium heat and add sesame oil to it. Allow the oil to heat up before proceeding with the recipe.
- Add sliced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add sliced bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli, and carrot to the skillet. Continue stir-frying the ingredients for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables reach a tender-crisp texture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and maple syrup or honey (if using). Drizzle the sauce over the vegetables, ensuring an even coating, and stir well to incorporate.
- Add the cooked lentils to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes to heat them through.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and fresh cilantro over the stir-fry. Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey (optional for slight sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cooked rice or noodles, for serving
As we wrap up our journey through Lentil and Vegetable Stir-Fry, we hope this recipe has inspired you to embrace the world of meatless meals and savor the abundance of flavors that nature has to offer. By incorporating plant-based options like this stir-fry into your diet, you not only nourish your body but also make a positive impact on the environment. Happy cooking and bon appétit!