With rolled oats being a source of plant-based protein, dietary fiber, magnesium, phosphorus and so much more, why not make them a regular player in your breakfast game? This granola recipe goes great with yoghurt, ricotta, oatmeal, plant-based (or regular) milk, smoothie bowls and… even ice cream!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a smaller baking sheet with parchment paper. Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
In a separate mixing bowl, add wet ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Pour dry ingredients into the mixing bowl of wet ingredients. Mix together until well-combined.
- Pour ingredients onto the lined baking sheet. Spread in an even layer and press down firmly. If you want those big granola chunks, you’ll want the ingredients to stick together well!
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins, rotating baking sheet halfway through for even cooking. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes (don’t touch!)
- Once cool, break the granola into chunks with your hands. Stir in coconut chips (or a handful of dried unsweetened cranberries) and enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, raw (unsalted)
- 2 med-large lemons, zest only
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger, chopped into small cubes
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup almond butter, creamy and unsweetened
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted in microwave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ coconut chips or dried cranberries (optional)