A colorful omelette filled with veggies, creamy feta and fresh herbs. The secret to creating a perfect recipe is using the best ingredients, preferably from your local farmer’s market. Feel free to experiment once again while keeping the same proportions: switching up the feta for mozzarella, changing the spinach to arugula, etc.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes, red pepper, parsley (or cilantro) and spinach leaves.
- Preheat the frying pan (a non-stick pan works best) and add in the olive oil to lightly cover the surface.
- Beat the eggs with a fork; season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the mixture to the pan and spread it out evenly. When it starts to firm up, but still is a little “raw” on top, add in the cheese and veggies.
- Using a spatula, ease the edges and quickly flip it over onto the other side.
- The other side will only need about 1-2 minutes to cook, as you don’t want your omelette to become dry.
- When it is done, place a large plate on top of the pan and flip the omelette once again.
- Serve immediately with a nice green salad of your choice on the side and a crunchy slice of whole wheat toast.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- A handful of fresh baby spinach
- 3 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley/cilantro, chopped
- A sprinkle of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil