An antioxidant for better immunity and thyroid health
- potent antioxidant
- enhances immune function
- cardiovascular system support
Our body requires a variety of micronutrients. Selenium is a micronutrient, that we require very small amounts of. In our body, it makes up selenoproteins, which are proteins that contain the mineral. These carry out various functions in our body, supporting immunity, metabolism, and even making DNA.
Supporting a variety of body processes
Selenium is an antioxidant, meaning that it can defend our cells from oxidative stress. It does so by taking care of free radicals. However, that is not the only function selenium has in our body. Selenium helps power quite a few different body processes, like:
- Immunity – selenium helps ensure that our immune system is working the best it can. It supports immune function as many selenoproteins, which contain the mineral, function in immune response. They also help control the strength of immune response, which prevents long-term inflammation.
- Aging – selenium supports the body’s ability to take care of free radicals, which prevents damage to cells. This helps keep our brain in top notch and prevent decrease in memory as we age.
- Thyroid health – selenium keeps the thyroid functioning correctly, helping to activate the thyroid hormone. The thyroid controls many functions in the body, including proper growth and our metabolism.
- Heart health – the antioxidant function of selenium helps it keep the heart healthy by decreasing oxidative stress. It can also decrease inflammation. Decreasing these processes helps to keep the heart healthy.
To ensure that our immune system stays strong and our thyroid healthy, it’s key to get enough selenium. Maxler Selenium is a supplement containing 150 micrograms of selenium in each vegan capsule.