Balancing minerals for overall health
- supports optimal immune function
- helps curb inflammation
- helps fight oxidative stress
Our body requires a variety of minerals to function properly. The minerals can be used by enzymes, the active proteins of the body, to carry out biochemical reactions. They play important roles in ensuring we stay healthy. Zinc and copper are two minerals which are key for great health.
Zinc – the body’s support
Zinc is very versatile, helping over 300 enzymes do their job properly. Some of its main functions have to do with immunity, nerve function and metabolic processes. Here are some of the key benefits of zinc:
- Immune support – our immune system uses zinc to send signals and fight sickness. It also helps to decrease oxidative stress. Taking zinc when you’re sick can boost your immunity and help you recover faster.
- Helping heal wounds – zinc helps our body make collagen, which is a key building block of our skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties and collagen-boosting action can help heal wounds and cuts.
- Decreasing inflammation – zinc has anti-inflammatory action, which helps to protect our body from issues caused by long-term inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Decreasing acne – those that suffer from acne can benefit from taking zinc. Zinc is antibacterial, helping to decrease the growth of the bacteria that cause acne. It decreases inflammation, which is common with acne.
Copper – the lesser-known aid
Copper is a mineral that supports the process of making new blood cells. Alongside that, it keeps our bone and cartilage strong and healthy, helps absorb iron and can regulate blood pressure. As regular zinc intake can decrease our copper levels, taking the two together can help with increasing their absorption and ensures that you get enough of each mineral.
Maxler Zinc Picolinate + Copper is a supplement that provides plenty of the two key minerals in bioavailable forms. It is a vegan, gluten-free supplement that can fit any routine, helping you stay healthy no matter what you do.